Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Quintessential British Novels

Emma Taylor of Accreditedonlinecolleges.com has drawn my attention to a blog on their website (16 March 2011) listing 50 Quintessential British Novels. I know nothing about accredited on line colleges, but I did enjoy reading the list which includes many of my own favourites, and one book that I had never heard of but now plan to read – Flatland by Edwin A Abbott. I particularly enjoyed the breezy outlines – Darcy’s “legions of screaming fangirls” in Pride and Prejudice especially springs to mind. If you want to compare it to your own list of Quintessential British Novels the blog is at

http://www.accreditedonlinecolleges.com/blog/2011/50-quintessential-british-novels/

With thanks to Emma for taking an interest in my literary ramblings!

No comments:

Post a Comment